Monday, July 20, 2009

How Are You Feeling? Food With Moods

It has been a while since my last post but I am currently reading an interesting book about a woman who euthanised her mother (who was dying of liver cancer)...a thought provoking read. I would tell you the title, ut it is in the other room and I am recovering from first day back at school (after the holidays)...so will let you know in my next text.
In the mean time, however, this book was sitting on our classroom library shelf...and it is quite clever. It is called How Are You Feeling? Food With Moods by Joost Elffers and Saxton Freyman. Each page has a brief text and colour photographs of carvings made from vegetables which introduce the world of emotions by presenting leading questions such as "Are you feeling angry?". Anyway, the kids in my class love looking through it (even though it is probably meant for a younger age range?).

1 comment:

  1. Looks cute - I think I've seen some photos similar to this circulating on the internet?

    I have the first Twilight Series book (ended up buying it) if you would like to read it. Just let me know and I'll send it home with David and Gayle for you. It was good (not as good as Harry Potter, though) - I'm going out to get the second book so can't have been too bad ;)

    ReplyDelete