Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My first post


As you have seen, I LOVE to read. I am currently on holiday and I have relished the days where I have sat in the warmth and read books.

Currently, I seem to be going through a 'suspense or mystery' phase, where I have read a lot of Mary Higgins Clark and Elisabeth Hyde (American) books.

One of the books I have read over the weekend was Elisabeth Hyde's The Abortionist's Daughter. This is a story about a woman (the abortionist) who is found floating in the family swimming pool (dead of course!). The book takes you through some of the controversial arguments of abortion, the doctor's relationship with her daughter and the mystery of her murder. A good read...

3 comments:

  1. Great Blog idea!! This book sounds good - am due for a library trip this week and might have to see if it is available.

    On a side note - have you read any of the Twilight series that everyone seems to be going nuts about? I've been resisting the hype but thought I might see if the first book is available at the library this week...would love to hear your thoughts on it if you've read any of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - thanks for the mention on the Blog List :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Twilight series yet...a couple of friends have recommended these. I would really like to read them before the movies too.

    ReplyDelete