Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Twilight

It is done! I have finished! The book is closed!

I have finally finished Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I purchased it on Friday night, started it on Saturday afternoon and finished it last night...the house is a tip, as I forewent the housework to read instead (isn't that what weekends are for? to relax?).

Twilight is the first book of four, and tells the love story of Bella and Edward. I have heard Twilight described as “a vampire story for people who don’t like vampire stories” and I think I would agree with that. (I hate fantasy type books, but absolutely loved this one.) Bella and Edward's love story is doomed right fro the beginning really (with Edward being a vampire and Bella being a human)...so the Twilight book really explains how they never give up and fall in love anyway.
I am so in love with Edward! What a dreamboat! I haven't seen the movie yet, but have seen the actor who plays Edward...I'm sorry what is the fuss all about??? I think he is a let down after reading the book.

I can't wait to read the next book Blue Moon...which I hear includes another character, Jacob, who is a werewolf. Might buy it today...

No comments:

Post a Comment