Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love in the Present Tense


Over the weekend, I also read Love in the Present Tense by Catherine Ryan Hyde. It wasn't until I had read the first few chapters when I realised that I had actually read this book before (I chose it from the library - South Christchurch Library is a FABULOUS library!). Nonetheless, I carried on reading...

The book is written in the Jodi Picoult style - where each chapter is seen from a different character's perspective and is about a young boy called Leonard. Leonard was the son of a very young girl who disappeared when Leonard was 5 years old. Before she disappeared, she and leonard had befriended their neighbour, 25 year old Mitch. The story tells the story of the bond between Mitch and Leonard...what else to say???

Hopefully, I will get better at writing book reviews. It is hard to know how much information to give without spoiling the storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment