Saturday, August 22, 2009

I watched the movie!

Last night I relaxed in front of the box and watched Twilight the movie. The movie was...okay??? Actually I was a little disappointed. As usual the movies never do the book justice, but I am needing to read the original book again - maybe I didn't read it properely? I had no idea that Eric was asian, Laurent was black (African American...which is ever is the correct way to say it) and so is Mike...I didn't get this from the book. It's not that I am a racist person...I am NOT. I just never noticed when I read the book.

As for Edward! I think I may be in Team Jacob now...Edward looked like there was something mentally wrong with him (yes I know he was fighting all desires to eat Bella...but still?) and what was with his hair colour? Some silly orange/brown colour that just did not go with his blueish skin colour! SPeaking of skin colour - I expected his skin colour to glow way brighter in the sun.

Nonetheless...can't wait to see the second movie.

Last night I also bought myself a present. I purchased a collectors copy of the last book, Breaking Dawn. The pages have red edges...very cool! Can't wait to start. However, before I start it I hve two other books to finish first.

I am halfway through Kerre Woodham's Short Fat Chick to Marathon Runner (it is so hilarious that I often find myself laughing out loud) and then I have a book on loan from my colleague, Jenny, called Limestone. I'm not sure what it is about but am assured that it is a good read.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....I'm so undecided about watching the movie!! I've seen "Edward" on various entertainment shows (not to mention Harry Potter) and he really isn't the Edward I have in my head...although I'm now quite curious to see Jacob ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete