Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Moon

I was reading the third book in the Twilight series today (Eclipse) and I realised that I hadn't written about the second book yet!

As with the first book, I couldn't put the book down. However, I found this book a little flat. The lovely Edward Cullen doesn't make an appearance until the last quarter of the book. It was still really worth reading...

The majority of the book was about Belle suffering because of Edward's absence and of her becoming best friends with Jacob Black, who is actually a werewolf (and Edwards enemy). Victoria ( a rogue vampire from Twilight) returns to Forks (where Bella lives) to seek revenge. In the first book, Edward killed Victoria's mate, therefore Victoria wants to kill Edwards mate.

I dont want to give too much away...so won't say anything more.

Apart from...I'm having a little trouble with understanding Bella. She so quickly accepts the fact that her friends are vampires and werewolves...yeah right! This is probably due to the fact that I don't usually read (or enjoy) fantasy genre books.

Am halfway through Eclipse...so gooooooodddd!!!! I think this third book may be the best of them all...so far!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh....you're obviously in the Edward Camp, then! I have pitched my tent in the Jacob Camp - I loved New Moon :) Am desperate to get my hands on Breaking Dawn but Bevan has had the car for work all week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im the same didnt like new moon that much not really into Jacob, or maybe just toooooo into Edward. Just wait till you get to Breaking Dawn it is sooooo good. I LOVE the all twilight books hope stephenie meyer finishes Midnight Sun soon..... I cant wait.

    ReplyDelete