Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Short Fat Chick to Marathon Runner

My friend and colleague, Helen, lent me this book after seeing that I wanted to read it. What a hilarious read! A definite must-read if you haven't already.

Kerre Woodham is a well-known radio host and has also presented/appeared in various tv shows. Over the last couple of years she has been in the public limelight for her marathon running. Typically, Kerre was not a runner...by sheer hard work and stamina she first ran a half-marathon, then a full marathon in Auckland. Not satisfied with this, she travelled to New York to complete the full marathon there.

Kerre has a wonderful way of retelling stories...I often found myself laughing out loud. She is up front and honest...and I truly found her story inspirational.

Now, I am about to start Fiona Farrell's book called Limestone. From memory, this story is about a woman who travels to Ireland in search of her father. Apparently, when this woman was a child growing up in Oamaru, her father went out to buy a packet of cigarettes and just never came back. Will let you know what I think...

Oh...and then I am starting Breaking Dawn...

No comments:

Post a Comment